Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Most Anticipated Films of 2012

Okay, so below are the five films I'm most looking forward to this year. Sorry for the delay, but these should be some great films and some reasons 2012 will rock in film.

5. Looper- September 28, 2012
Rian Johnson's first film that he wrote and directed, Brick, is one of my favorites. It also stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is a lead in Looper. Though The Brothers Bloom could have been better, this appears to be the same feel as Brick. I have high hopes.

4. Moonrise Kingdom- May 25, 2012
Wes Anderson. Edward Norton. Frances McDormand. Bill Murray. AND Jason Schwartzman. I feel like explaining my excitement for this film would be redundant.

3. The Great Gatsby- December 25, 2012
I'm very interested to see what Baz Luhrmann does with this classic. Also, Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby is a marvelous choice and Tobey Maguire will be a fantastic Nick. This should be a good one, even though I didn't really like the book.

2. The Avengers- May 4, 2012
I have two words for you: Joss Whedon. I am somewhat of a geek and therefore I am excited not just for the gathering of so many superheros to finally make Avengers a reality, but for the writing and directing of one Joss Whedon.

1. The Dark Knight Rises- July 20, 2012
I am a HUGE Nolan fan. I am also a fan of Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Essentially, this film will be heaven. I am SOOOOO excited and I intend to watch this at midnight in IMAX. This is my number one in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment