Sunday, January 9, 2011

What I want to see on TV

I'm not quite sure I should be allowed to write about the Best Television Series-Drama because I've only seen one of the series listed.  I have been told The Walking Dead is awesome, but I prefer to stay away from nightmares about zombies (I have enough creepy dreams as it is) so I haven't seen it.  I know the world has fallen in love with Dexter but I haven't watched it because I'm not sure I could handle the writers convincing me to like a serial killer.  I've barely heard anything about The Good Wife or Boardwalk Empire so they're not even on my radar.  Therefore, I cast my vote with Mad Men, since the cinematography, acting, and character development made me fall in love with it this year. 

As for the Best Television Series-Comedy or Musical, I'm torn.  I know my sister isn't impressed with Glee, and I myself started getting a little annoyed at the preaching they were doing this season, but I think it's a fun, amusing, original show and I still enjoy watching it.  I'm probably biased since I would love it if people broke into song and dance at random moments in my life.  But Modern Family is an incredibly witty show. When The Office failed me long ago, Modern Family stepped up to take it's place.  Most of the actors have great comic timing and delivery and the writing cracks me up (not to mention a shirtless James Marsden in the last episode. I'm just sayin'...).  While I would be quite content if either Glee or Modern Family won, the annoying preachyness of Glee this season is going to tip the scale for Modern Family. Glee won last year so I think it's Modern Family's turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment