Sunday, January 9, 2011

Best Television Series

Okay, so since the Golden Globes are coming up, everyday this week we'll be writing about what we want to win in select categories. Today will be the only discussion of the television nominations, not because we dislike TV, but because this is primarily a movie blog. And we may disagree on who/what to win, which is why we'll both be writing, so note the author.

Best Television Series: Musical or Comedy
Arrested Development
Yes, I do realize that Arrested Development is not nominated and was canceled almost five years ago, but let me explain. This is probably one of the most, if not THE most original comedy show I have seen, and there is nothing nominated that stands out to me. I have not been impressed with Glee or 30 Rock, and I have not gotten a chance to watch any of the others. Ultimately, I can't give you a name to win. So, I vote Arrested Development, because after it should never have been canceled. Fox made a huge mistake.

Best Television Series: Drama
Dexter
Now, I have heard good things about Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead, but have not seen either yet, and while Mad Men is good, I have to throw my hat to Dexter. A television series about a serial killer where you actually LIKE the serial killer: It's awesome. And season five, like every season before it, is spectacular. I doubt the show will win, because not everyone can get behind a show about a serial killer, but that's where my vote goes.

5 comments:

  1. Big Bang Theory, should win best comedy. It's amazing. Also, Walking Dead ftw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. I love both shows a LOT as you know. I want to see Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men (how have I not seen that yet?) at some point. I finally got around to watching the premiere of The Walking Dead and though it is a zombie show it seems to be more about humanity and it's struggle for survival than killing zombies. That said it is actually brutal and the premiere did feature a horse being disemboweled. Nadia was playing cards on her laptop while I was watching and though she inserted 'yuck' and 'thats gross' a lot, she was pulled into the story and admitted that it was good even though she didn't like or want to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think I'll have to give The Walking Dead a chance pretty soon. I've heard too many good things about it not to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes. yes. and.... YES. Lizzi, I'm starting to think that we have very similar tastes.
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika, I'm happy to hear that! I'm also happy to hear of another Dexter lover. I feel an instant connection to anyone who does, since it's a different kind of show and not everyone can appreciate it, haha.

    ReplyDelete